Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Class: First Paragraph

I walk into the lobby just outside the sanctuary and I immediately feel like I need to be reverent. For some reason the room feels a little different than the outside or even the other rooms in the church and I'm excited to see what kind of arguments would make me feel like that. I sit down at the nearest bench and start taking a good look around. The floor is a red tile with the occasional white symbol unfamiliar to me. The walls are mostly white with an occasional light blue accent wall. The ceiling is just white square tiles. The most prominent feature I notice is the pictures on the walls, some of them are very interesting and at first I have a hard time detecting any sort of a theme. There are pictures from all different time periods and cultures. The pictures are in all kinds of different styles and made from all different kinds of paints. As I look a little closer I notice that most of the pictures are of one man. In some he is hanging dead on a wooden cross, on others he appears to be addressing a group of people and in still others he is just a child.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good play-by-play description of church. I think the way you describe the building shows your point of view and how the space makes you feel.

    ReplyDelete