Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Class: Workshop Feelings

I've been in a few English classes where we would all bring our papers and exchange them with other people so that we could get feedback. Generally, I dislike this practice, but i have to admit it can be helpful sometimes. In the past it's been slightly on the negative side because the students I was grouped with were not the brightest crayons in the box. I usually had such a hard time deciphering their spelling errors that I couldn't even begin to comment on their structure and whether or not things make sense. I also disliked it because the feedback I received was useless. Most people would just say, "It sounds good."

1 comment:

  1. Axel,
    I have had almost the same experiences with people not giving 100 percent on their reviews. It is ard to like a practice where people say "it's great" and expect you to turn around and make a better second draft. I do think that the way we went about this process in class this year has beeen a better, and more rewarding one to say the least.

    ReplyDelete