Thursday, September 16, 2010

In Class: Observing the Observing Process

When I was observing my space I saw everything in a lot more detail than what I expected. I would notice things like the design of frames or the pattern of tiles on the floor. If I had not been going to the University Christian Church (UCC) to observe I would probably have not consciously noticed those things. My eyes still would've taken the information in and it would still have some effect on my feelings or my thoughts but it would not have been on the forefront of my mind.

Even though I noticed more than I otherwise would have, I would say that I saw the kinds of things that I expected to see. For example there were lots of pictures of a man dying on a cross. It was clean and well organized. It also had a lot of symbols and pictures that were particular to its culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment