The upcoming assignment requires us to observe a public space and explain the rhetorical situation of that space. I'm not quite sure exactly what space I want to use for this but I have a few ideas. I could do a church of a different religion. It could even possibly be some kind of Eastern Religion that I don't know much about. That would be cool because it would be easier to remain objective. Because I would be completely unfamiliar about the space I would be forced to go strictly off my observations. I've also noticed that I am personally more aware of my surroundings when I am in some kind of place that is unfamiliar.
Another option would be some kind of retail store or commercial center. This would be less interesting but much easier because of the bombardment of arguments made to get you to buy. Yet another option would be a performance hall that was used for different types of music. If I could find a place that had a rock concert one night and a classical piano recital the next that would be really cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment